London Pulse are hiring!
November 4th, 2019
London Pulse Netball Team competes within the VNSL Super league, our home ground is the iconic Copper Box Arena. The club is recruiting a Marketing Executive to support the Commercial team. This is an opportunity to be a core member of the London Pulse management team, supporting in the delivery of the club’s strategic vision to become the UK’s number one Super League netball team.
Job Title: Marketing Executive
Company: London Pulse
Reporting to: Franchise Manager
Start date: Immediate. Fixed Term contract to 31.07.2019
In conjunction with the Franchise Manager & CEO, develop the Annual Marketing Plan for London Pulse Netball Team and implement the plan across all appropriate platforms and channels. The Annual Marketing Plan will consist of the following 4 Pillars
- Promotion of key events
- Promotion of the London Pulse brand
Online – Website
- User experience – Work with web agency to improve the look and feel of the website and ensure that the user experience is the best it can be
- Ensure that content is always current, relevant and engaging
- Weekly posting of blog content and news stories
- Development of strategies to drive more traffic to the website, through creation of reasons to visit and repeat visit
Online – Database / Mailers
- Work with Franchise Manager and CEO to develop realistic targets for database growth and what the club wishes to achieve through its database
- Develop plans that will drive visits to the web site and increase sign ups
- Set the calendar for mailers and develop appropriate content that is relevant to the overall communications plan
- Monitor the response to emails through mailchimp and develop the email strategy accordingly
Online – Social Media
- Manage and implement the Social Media plan for London Pulse – develop and deliver a content plan across all appropriate platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and You Tube
- Identify opportunities for follower acquisition and ongoing engagement
- Agree growth targets and KPIs for each post. Monitor responses and report results monthly to the CEO and Franchise Manager
Offline – Brand Proposition and Identity
- Develop a brand proposition for London Pulse, so that all stakeholders can understand what the business is trying to achieve through its brand and marketing strategy
- Work with graphic design agency to develop and enhance the graphic identity of London Pulse in line with the proposition. Create brand guidelines that reflect the brand proposition and will enable the production of “on brand” marketing materials across all channels and platforms.
- Work with graphic design agency to develop a range of templates that can be used in on and offline communications, to anchor the Pulse brand.
On and Offline – Public Relations and PR
- Ensure that press releases are always written and circulated to all relevant personnel / publications in relation to key announcements and events
- Develop relationships with a targeted network of publications, influencers, community groups and businesses to facilitate the promotion of London Pulse and raise awareness of the Pulse brand.
On and Offline – Content
- Work with agencies (graphic design, photographic, film) to develop content that is relevant and engaging and reflects the brand proposition. Ensure that there is always a bank of content that can be used to populate the overall comms plan across all platforms online and offline
- Ensure that there is always content to fulfill the requirements of the marketing plan across all channels and platforms
Analysis and Reporting
- Develop a “Playbook” of analysis and reports that can be updated on a rolling monthly basis to allow clear, concise and accurate reporting of all marketing activity to the Board. This will help drive the development of the ongoing marketing strategy and plan and enable the Senior Team to make well informed business decisions for the growth and Development of London Pulse.
Skills and Experience
- Marketing & Communications qualification, preferably to degree level
- Industry experience in Marketing & Communications
- Passion and Understanding of Netball
- Clear understanding of digital landscape with specific focus on CRM and Social Media
- Technical ability to manage multiple Social Media channels and ensure that London Pulse is always shown in the best way
- Technical ability to manage web CMS in WordPress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive to ensure the Club remains responsive to prospective clients
- Strong networking skills and experience.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to push themselves and others to work to fixed deadlines.
- Experience in the following software would be beneficial
- Microsoft Office – Powerpoint, Excel, Word
- WordPress Web CMS
- Understanding of commercial and sports marketing
- Excellent communicator, driven to succeed
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work at pace and understand that the needs of the business change very rapidly
- Demonstrates creative and logical thinking
- Collaborative approach to working
- Excellent time management skills, deliver on time every time
- Self Starter – Always show initiative and thinks outside the box
London Pulse is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please email your CV to email@example.com. Only applicants to be invited for interview will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is 21st November 2019.