POSITION: London Pulse VNSL Coach and London Pulse Performance Director (2 year contract)
REPORTING TO: CEO London Pulse VNSL
To lead, plan and deliver a robust, coherent and cohesive Performance to achieve agreed outcomes for London Pulse VNSL team in the VNSL 2022 and 2023; to deliver a coaching strategy for the London Pulse Performance Pathway U21/U19/U17 ensuring alignment with EN’s strategic goals.
Prepare a comprehensive Performance Plan for the build up to and participation in the VNSL in collaboration with the Director of Netball at London Pulse.
To review and revise the Plan at regular intervals to ensure London Pulse remains on track to achieve agreed outcomes.
Work with the athletes to build a sense of team enabling each to develop their technical, tactical, physical and psychological competences.
At the appropriate time support recruitment and development of the squads in the Pathway.
Build and sustain an effective working relationship with the London Pulse Director of Netball to enable effective planning and athlete management & transition between London Pulse and the National Roses, Academy, Futures & Roses squads.
Build a positive and supportive relationship with Premier Netball Clubs, Universities, and schools in the London Pulse Area to maximize coach development.
Ensure all compliance regulations are fully adhered to, this would include safeguarding, disciplinary and London Pulse recruitment and financial policies.
In consultation with the CEO of London Pulse development plan to optimise your impact on the VNSL in 2022/23.
Attend meetings with internal and external stakeholders ensuring at all times London Pulse is represented in an appropriate and professional manner to its stakeholders and partners.
Act as a positive role model, ambassador and advocate for the sport.
To abide by the provisions of London Pulse Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy.
To respect and promote the spirit and intentions of London Pulse Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Netball Policy.
To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of London Pulse.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Experience of coaching netball within a performance environment at VNSL, ANZ or SSN level or above (E)
- Experience of leading a U21 or Senior team in National competition (E)
- Broad knowledge of and experience of working in collaboration with a MDT team (E)
- UKCC Level 3 or above (D)
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Coaching experience of at VNSL, ANZ, SSN or international level (E)
- Excellent and demonstrable athlete management & development skills and experience; an ability to inspire, build trust and team culture (E)
- Excellent communication and people skills (E)
- A proven understanding of performance sport and the role of the coach/performance lead within a high performance environment (E)
- Experience of leading an MDT (E)
- Ability to articulate tactical changes and technical improvements to athletes in a pressurised situation in a concise and meaningful manner (E)
- Ability to lead and work in a team (E)
- Good media and communication skills (E)
- Excellent technical coaching skills (E)
- Experience of planning & implementing a performance program ( E)
- Knowledge of SportsCode and performance analysis (D)
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people (E)
- Ability to set and evaluate group and individual goals (E)
- Organised and efficient at paperwork with ICT skills
Applications to Sam.email@example.com