London Pulse is a netball club participating in the Vitality Netball Super League, based in the Copper Box Arena, and also operating community and netball pathway activities.
London Pulse is seeking to recruit a Business Manager to work from home, preferably based in Hertfordshire/North London. The Business Manager will report to the CEO and Board and work in liaison with the bookkeeper/accountant and other members of the management team (all working from home).
- Liaise between the Club’s bookkeeper/accountant, CEO and the management team on day to day accounting/administration.
- Initially establish systems and procedures, in conjunction with the bookkeeper/accountant and management team for all administrative aspects of the business, including expenses, payments and contracts.
- Approve all expenses for payment processing by bookkeeper.
- Co-ordinate production and monitoring of annual budgets and forecasts and report on such to the CEO/Board on a monthly basis.
- Oversee payroll (through external provider) and contractor payments.
- Monitor and reconcile bank accounts and cash flow and report weekly on cash position to the CEO.
- Review monthly management accounts and assist in reporting to CEO / Board on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all data and documentation is accurately and legally stored on the database.
- Management of I.T. services, broadband, telephone and other service agreements
- Ensure appropriate insurance is in place for the company.
- Manage staff holiday and sickness and any other HR related matters in conjunction with CEO, including visa issues for staff, employee checks etc.
- Deal with general enquiries / correspondence.
- Other general administration duties as appropriate.
Skills and Attributes
- Able to work independently, self-motivated with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills to be able to deal with a range of people and hold their own in a professional sport environment.
- Willing to assist with all areas of the operations of a small, busy and exciting business.
- Using I.T. proficient in MS Office, excel, power point, Xero (or similar accounting package) and knowledge of office software packages.
- Maintenance and development of database and knowledge of data storage requirements.
- Management of electronic filing systems.
- Good understanding of accounting principles, budgeting, forecasting and cash flow / bank reconciliation.
- Knowledge of HR management, including payroll principles, administrative practices and procedures.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, multi task and manage a busy workload with professionalism.
Salary: £20,000 pa
Hours of work: 20 hours per week – flexible working patterns to be agreed.